The GIS Technician will work with the Project Development teams in Canada and the Netherlands. This role reports directly to the Head of Project Development. We are seeking a talented, adaptable, and committed individual who desires to support the development of solar projects and a future powered by renewable energy.
● GIS data collection, entry, manipulation, editing, and analysis will support a wide range of project development activities across multiple geographies often simultaneously. Examples of activities and products expected: environmental constraints maps, mapping of utility grids, creating planning application maps, land acquisition strategy (GIS model) development and mapping;
● Searching for landowner information across various jurisdictions using the land registry maps, plat (cadastral) maps;
● Provide a broad range of administrative support and coordination on project-related activities/tasks;
● Develop online applications and platforms for internal and external use by project stakeholders using the Esri ArcGIS Online platform while maintaining the integrity of proprietary information;
● Review and incorporate new data into the corporate GIS standard and maintain existing databases;
● Assist non-GIS staff with the conversion of digital datasets to GIS formats (e.g. ESRI shapefiles to AutoCAD or KMZ);
● Coordinate with project stakeholders to gather information regarding the perceived impacts of development activities on communities, the environment, and natural resources;
● Provide support for senior and intermediate environmental professionals and project developers;
● Maintain, update, and organize project databases.
● A degree in Geography, Geology, Ecology, Resource Management, Environmental Studies, Land Use/Urban Planning, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
● Working knowledge of Esri’s ArcGIS products, including ArcGIS Pro and Online is required. Candidates receiving an interview should expect to be tested on their skills.
● MS Office software applications at an advanced level and demonstrated experience with EXCEL, QuickBase, PowerBI, and other databases.
● Strong data mining skills and experience of databases and other secondary sources, including web scripting and programming.
● Highly organized with strong attention to detail and commitment to high-quality work.
● Previous working experience with ArcGIS would be an asset;
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently;
● Work effectively in a fast-paced working environment.
● Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to interact with staff at all levels and a wide range of stakeholders.